Thursday 5 July 2012

Example Problem Of Nodal Analysis Or Node Voltage Method

Example Problem Of Nodal Analysis Or Node Voltage Method

It is also a method of finding voltage at each node (It is that point where two or more than two wire are connected). After finding each node voltage we can easily find out the value of each branch current in the given network.

Method Of Solving Nodal Analysis:-

Consider a circuit, as follows:-

Step 1st:-Firstly we have to find out the total no. of nodes in the given circuit.
The total no. of nodes is two named ‘Va’ & ‘Vb’. As shown in the figure below.

Step 2nd:-After finding no. of nodes, grounded or earthed one of the node having the maximum no. of branches are connected to that node.
For the above circuit both the nodes have equal no. of branches connected. So, we can ground any of them. Earthed means “To make potential zero at that node”. Here, we ground node ‘b’. i.e, Vb=0

Step 3rd:-Now, flows current in each branch as our convenient direction and applying KCL at the active nodes.
Applying KCL at active node Va, we get:-
        I1=I2+I3                 ·············· (1)
For finding the value of ‘I1’ , ‘I2’ & ‘I3’ ,we have to apply KVL in each branches as same as in current direction.
For I1:-
    Vb+V-I1R1=Va
=»0+V-I1R1=Va
=»V-Va=I1R1
So,
 
 For I2 :-
 
 For I3 :-
 
Putting all the value of ‘I1’ , ‘I2’ & ‘I3’ in equation (1), we get
  
After solving these eqn, we can easily find the value of ‘Va’.
Now, putting the value of Va in I1, I2 & I3 we can easily find out the value of current & voltage in any of the resistance of the given network.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why isn't there any tutorial on Norton's Theorem??